Saturday, November 7, 2009

A squirrel and some nuts!



I found these sweet sachets in JackRabbit's shop on Etsy and couldn't resist buying one. I love watching the squirrels gather and stash acorns and all kinds of nuts right now.

These adorable mini acorn pillows have a variety of uses. They are all one of a kind and handmade from fabric remnants and vintage lace.

Use as a pincushion while sewing your latest creations or spray with your favorite perfume or room spray and place in a linen or underwear draw to keep things smelling sweet. Each pillow is 3 x 3.5 inches and has a vintage lace loop for hanging.




Doesn't that sachet go perfectly with my Squirrel Acorn necklace? This necklace began with a shiny brass squirrel piece that I added patina to, and attached to a chain with three freshwater pearl acorns. The pearls are a lime yellowish green.







5 comments:

Caroline said...

I love that necklace! Lovely work!

Sarah said...

Beautiful work! And it's neat seeing that the Noblesville Antique Mall carries your jewelry, I found so much great material there when I went home (Lebanon) for Thanksgiving this year.

M.M.E. said...

You have such beautiful work! I wish I had your talent. I'm so happy I stumbled upon your lovely blog.

Lisa said...

The acorn-gathering squirrel necklace is adorable!

Unknown said...

What a lovely necklace! Is it made of brass? My girlfriend is currently conducting a research about brass by-products,sheet brass suppliers and brass pipe suppliers. Well, I'm kind of helping her out with her study. I sure am glad that I stumbled upon your blog coz' I am fascinated with your designs. Thanks for sharing!